Thailand does not know Notaries in the sense of the German speaking legal systems. Notaries are not officially appointed by the government. However, some lawyers are authorized by the Thai Lawyer Council to provide certain notarial services after passing an additional qualification course.
- Notarization of the identity of the parties to a contract
- Notarization and certification of selected classes of documents
- Notarization of documents, such as official deeds
- Verification of the authenticity of signatures in a document
- Acceptance of sworn statement
- Witnessing the signing of documents by the parties